Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WELCOME TO JESSICA COX, MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER

Jessica Cox came to Esperero Canyon School today to speak to our 8th grade students about kindness and about turning adversity into accomplishment.   She is an amazing young woman who inspired all of those present in our library.  Jessica was born in Sierra Vista in 1993 without arms.  She holds a black belt in Taekwonko.  She is in the Guinness Book of  World Records as the first armless person in the world ever to have obtained a pilot’s license.  She earned the AOPA LIVE Pilots' Choice Award in 2010 as the Most Watched Female Aviator. The Filipino Women’s Network named her among 100 Most Influential Filipino Women in the U.S..  She has been published in Ripley’s Believe It or Not. She received the The Filipino American Journal Award of Excellence and Outstanding Filipino Award, 2008. She recently was featured on the Ellen DeGeneres show.  She is also a graduate of the University of Arizona.

Ten Inspirational Quotes from Jessica Cox
10.  "FEAR means "False Evidence Appearing Real"
9.  "Be kind, always!"
8.  "Believe that you can do anything."
7.  "If you want do something, you are already 80% successful. Desire is 80% success."
6.  "When I went into the 8th grade, I decided not to wear my prosthetic arms.  When I got on the bus and the doors closed behind me, I knew I would never wear those arms again.  I felt strong and free."
5.  "There is a universal fear: the lack of confidence in yourself."
4.  "I live my life thru my feet."
3.  "My fiance bought me an engagement ankle bracelet.  I never take it off."
2.  "Persistence means never give up."
1.  "Never allow your fear to stand in the way of opportunity."

Thanks, Jessica, for your inspirational message.  Here are some quotes from our students about Jessica "She's so cool! "
"I felt inspired."
"I was so honored to meet her."
"I am so glad I met her because she is together."
"When is she coming back?"

Thanks to our dear Mrs. Patricia McCabe who connected us to Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment